Saturday, April 14, 2012

Early Inspiration

Jan 24

The past month has been Thesis warm-up. I’m starting with the vague idea that I’d like observe and animated people from observation. I want to create a city symphony of sorts, take observed movement and combine it with sounds recorded in the environment. I’m leaving the project open-ended at this point as I’m not really sure what my summer plans will be. Ideally, I’d like to go on a cross-country road trip, collecting sounds in each city and combining them to make a more general “city symphony piece”


Radiolab episode with very interesting examples of creating music out of sound




Joris Iven's Rain is the classic example of a city symphony. Using days of footage he creates a single experince through editing. I would like to do something similar with animation.

No comments:

Post a Comment