Sunday, April 15, 2012

Inspirational Animations

March 20

Some animations that have been very inspirational



I love the way scene transitions are used in this film. Especially starting at 1:04. The way the point of view moves as people are walking through is mesmerizing.




Walking is inspirational because it is so successful while not really following a narrative. Basically the film is a collection of vignettes that all connect somehow. I'd like my film to be successful in the same way.





MacLaren is obviously a master at visual music, and since this will sort of be a visual music piece, I've been watching a lot of his films. I love how the visuals follow the audio in this piece, especially in the transitions.




UPA has always been a huge inspiration for me. The Jaywalker does a fantastic job of graphically representing a city street. Visually, this will be close to what I'm trying to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment